Members of the regional health authority or the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency are expected to follow the Code of Conduct and Ethics set out by their organization. The Code of Conduct and Ethics addresses the following issues:
- standards of behaviour, including fiduciary responsibilities and duty of care;
- conflict of interest, including both material interest and representational group interest;
- the obligation to report to the board any breach of the Code of Conduct and Ethics, or any illegal or unethical behaviour;
- the protection and proper use of the board's assets and opportunities;
- confidentiality of information obtained through the member's role; and
- compliance with legislation.
For more information on board member code of conduct see Code of Conduct and Ethics in Related Links below.