Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Farm Fuel Program


Fuel Tax Exemption Permit holders (e.g., farmers, commercial fishers, trappers and loggers) may purchase 80% of their marked diesel tax exempt from registered bulk fuel dealers, cardlock or keylock operations for use in their farming, commercial fishing, trapping or logging activities.

Propane is exempt from fuel tax when purchased with a valid Fuel Tax Exemption Permit for an allowable use, or when purchased for heating use, unless purchased through equipment used to dispense automotive propane.


Under the Farm Fuel Program, an eligible farmer is:

  • a person who owns or rents land;
  • controls and is responsible for the operation of a farm; and,
  • meets at least one of the following criteria:                  
    • The person must own or rent at least 75 acres (30 hectares) of cultivated land in Saskatchewan, that is used for the growing of cereal crops; or,
    • The person received gross annual revenue of at least $10,000 from the sale of primary farm products that he or she produced in Saskatchewan.

A person may also qualify as a farmer if he or she is a member or shareholder in and contributed substantially to the agricultural production of a farm organization, such as:

  • An agricultural corporation;
  • Farm partnership;
  • Farm co-operative; or
  • A farm colony.

Registered bulk fuel dealers, cardlock and keylock operators will receive a 12 cents per litre refund or tax credit representing the 80% exemption for eligible farm diesel sales reported through Saskatchewan Finance's automated up-front exemption.

Further Information

Find out more in Information Bulletins:


Apply for a Fuel Tax Exemption Permit

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve