The Saskatchewan Building and Accessibility Standards Appeal Board (the SBAS Appeal Board) hears appeals from owners regarding:
- application of the accessibility standards, and
- orders issued by building officials for compliance with the building and accessibility standards.
Following review, the board can hear the appeal and determine a decision for eligible requests. When an appeal is heard the board will provide a decision in writing within 30 days.
If you're determined ineligible, you will be notified with a written explanation that the appeal will not be heard.
Hearing Application Requirements
A request for a hearing can be made by:
- An owner's agent
- At the option of the owner
- Within 15 days after service of the order on the owner
The request must include supporting documents, such as:
Request for Hearing-fillable
- Design plans
- As-built plans
- Copy of buildings official's order
- Copies of letters from the local authority (municipality)
- Copy of building permit
- Any other documents to support the request for a hearing
Submit a Hearing Request Form
Submit your Hearing Request form to the office of the Appeal Board
Attention: Chief Building Official
Building Standards and Licensing Branch
Ministry of Government Relations
100 – 1855 Victoria Avenue
Regina SK S4P 3T2
Your application will be reviewed to ensure it's eligible for a hearing. The date of the filing will be the latest date stamped on submitted documents.
What to Expect after Submitting a Hearing Request Form
A hearing date will be set within 25 days of date of filing. You will be notified of the date, time and location of hearing, not less than 7 days prior to the hearing. The Appeal Board if required will investigate the subject of the hearing and prepare background documentation.
Hearing Locations and Times
- When possible, the hearing will be near the municipality of the subject property/building
- A barrier-free location
- Location and times to be set by the Chair of the Appeal Board
- Hearings are open to the public
Please review the Application Requirements and About the Appeal Process document for further information.