Private and not-for-profit sector employers are eligible.
Publicly funded organizations such as health regions, post-secondary training institutions, public libraries, municipalities and school divisions are not eligible under the program.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with a Social Insurance Number.
- Both new and existing employees are eligible.
- Tuition fees or fees charged by the training provider;
- Mandatory student fees;
- Textbooks, software and other required materials;
- Learning materials fees; and
- Examination fees.
Training costs incurred prior to the approval of a Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant application are not eligible.
Training is flexible. Employers choose the training program and mode of delivery that will meet their needs under the following requirements:
- Must be delivered by a third party not affiliated with the employer applicant;
- Must be a minimum of 24 hours in length by the same training provider and completed within a 52 week period;
- Must result in a credential (record of completion, certificate, grade, etc.); and
- Must not replace an employer’s existing investment in training.
Third-party trainers could include:
- Post-secondary education institutions,
- Private vocational schools, trade unions and
- Private industry trainers.