A new pipeline licence must be obtained from the Ministry of the Economy before constructing a pipeline in Saskatchewan in accordance with The Pipelines Act, 1998 and The Pipelines Regulations, 2000.
Before applying for a pipeline licence, you shall:
- If a corporation, be registered through Information Services Corporation (ISC) to do business in Saskatchewan.
- Notify each municipality through which the pipeline will pass and obtain the necessary authorizations.
- Provide a copy of this application and all attached material to Saskatchewan Highways and Infrastructure.
- Obtain written consent from Saskatchewan Highways and Infrastructure for all road crossings or if the subject pipeline is within 90 metres of the surveyed limit of a provincial highway or within 30 metres of the surveyed limit of a road other than a provincial highway.
- Notify and obtain the necessary approval from the Environmental Assessment Branch of Saskatchewan of the proposed project.
- Notify Community Planning of Saskatchewan Municipal Affairs for any proposed pipeline that is within 1.5 km of the boundary of an urban municipality.
- Notify and obtain any necessary approvals from Heritage Resources of Saskatchewan Tourism, Parks, Culture and if there are any archeological sites along the proposed pipeline right of way.
- Notify Water Security Agency if the proposed pipeline is for fresh water transportation.
- For all proposed pipeline projects:
- Obtain crossing approvals from operators of all pipelines and utilities to be crossed and
- Notify operators of all pipelines and utilities that are within 30 metres.
- Notify and obtain the necessary easements from all surface owners for the proposed pipeline.
- Notify and obtain approval from all First Nations whose reserve is crossed by the propose pipeline or the pipeline is located within.
How To Apply
- Assemble the required supporting documentation as outlined in the Pipeline Licence Application.
- Complete the Pipeline Licence Application.
- Submit the completed application and supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Note: If the application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate, the Ministry of the Economy will notify the applicant of the deficiencies, the initial application will be discarded, and the applicant will be required to submit a new application.
Download the Pipeline Licence Application
Submit the completed application form and all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amending a Pipeline Licence
To amend a pipeline licence, complete the process as outlined on the Apply for a Pipeline Licence Amendment page.