Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Oil and Gas Units

Unitization of oil and gas resources is the pooling of productive mineral interests for the purpose of:

  • preventing economic waste;
  • protecting correlative rights (each participant in the unit receives a reasonable share of the productive mineral interest(s)); and
  • implementing enhanced oil and gas recovery plans.

The benefits of unitization are shared equally among all parties that join an oil and gas unit.

The Government of Saskatchewan enters into oil and gas unit agreements via The Crown Minerals Act . We oversee the establishment of voluntary and statutory units as outlined in The Oil and Gas Conservation Act.

For information on how to propose a new unit or to amend an existing statutory unit operation order in Saskatchewan, see the following:

Submit updates (i.e. exhibits) to the unit agreement whenever the following occurs:

  • Change in mineral or working interest owner;
  • Change in working interest per cent;
  • Change in unit area. Note, a change in unit area requires the prior approval from the ministry; or
  • A condition in the unit agreement that requires updates be filed.

Updates can be submitted to Include a letter that describes why the updates are being submitted and exhibit updates.

The following reports on Saskatchewan Units are available:

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve