Upon approval, a pending status for conversion to pressure maintenance water injection (waterflood) is available on all applicable wells.
The applicant has one year to use an authorization before it expires. An authorization number may be used multiple times if it’s issued approving multiple wells/operations. The authorization won’t expire if it is used at least once within the one year period.
New wells approved to be drilled as injectors or infill producers receive an authorization number which can be used to obtain a licence through IRIS.
If annual reporting is required, submit it to Waterflood@gov.sk.ca starting one year after project commencement. Annual reports are kept confidential. The minimum requirements for the report are:
- A general description of the project’s historical and future developments.
- Detailed production and injection reports, including:
- instantaneous voidage replacement ratios;
- cumulative voidage replacement ratios;
- primary recovery factors; and
- incremental recovery factors.
- A brief operating and capital cost record.
- An evaluation of the success of the project to date, including any operating issues encountered.
- Reservoir pressure data, if available.