Submitting bids for Crown parcels in Saskatchewan through the Crown Land Sale process on the Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS).
All bids must be received through IRIS by 12:00 (Noon) Central Standard Time on the Crown Land Sale date.
Bids for Crown parcels can be in two forms depending on the substance offered and the type of disposition:
- All leases, exploration licences and oil sands special exploratory permits require a bonus bid. A bonus is the amount being offered up front for a parcel.
- Petroleum and natural gas and oil shale special exploratory permits require a work commitment bid. A work commitment is the amount of money that a company must spend per hectare on eligible work over the first two years of the permit term.
- Have an IRIS account and the appropriate permissions assigned by your IRIS Security Administrator.
- Bids may be submitted separately or consolidated into one bid submission. All offers in a single bid submission must share the same:
- Designated Representative; and
- Lessee data
- Have pre-authorized debit (PAD) payment set up with Saskatchewan's Ministry of the Economy.
How to Apply
- Log in to IRIS and complete the Land Sale application in the Petroleum Tenure module.
- Enter all general and lessee information for the bid submission.
- Select the parcels you wish to bid on and enter the bonus bid or work commitment bid. Fees and rentals are calculated automatically and the total amount to be debited to your PAD account if you're the successful bidder will be provided.
- Submit the bid submission.
- You may modify bids up to 12:00 (Noon) Central Standard Time of the sale date.
Results of the Crown Land Sale are normally announced the Thursday following the sale date and are available online. Results for specific dispositions are available upon request through the Petroleum Tenure Services.