What is the commitment?
Upon naming the 2015-16 Agriculture Ambassadors, Ambassadors will sign a five-month contract with the Ministry, participate in an orientation and develop a work plan. Ambassadors will be required to commit to approximately 20 hours of AGvocating per month, participate in meetings and provide regular updates on their activities.
Ambassadors will be paid $500 per month (excluding December), upon completion of a monthly progress report and compliance with other contractual obligations. Ambassadors will also have access to additional Ministry resources to support on-campus initiatives, such as:
- Participation at career fairs and expos;
- Organizing speaking and networking events;
- Encouraging fellow AGvocates;
- Promoting industry events and programming;
- Social media posts;
- Development of articles and other communications; and
- Advancing the inclusion of agriculture courses and curriculum resources.
Why is this program important?
The Agriculture Ambassador Program Pilot is a new initiative designed to support the Ministry’s thinkAG campaign and Agriculture Awareness Strategy. This program is funded through Growing Forward 2, a cost-shared partnership between federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) governments designed to support an innovative, competitive and profitable Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector.