Canada’s Agriculture Day on February 16, 2017 is a day when everyone can come together to celebrate the business of Canadian agriculture. It’s a time to showcase all the amazing things happening in the industry and create a closer connection between consumers, our food and the people who produce it. The theme is “Let’s celebrate the food we love”.
Canadian agriculture is an innovative, vibrant and forward-thinking industry, which plays a significant role in our economy. Consider joining the conversation on February 16, 2017:
- Wish your friends and co-workers a happy Canadian Ag Day!
- Post your top five favourite Canadian foods #Top5Foods , #CndAgDay.
- Make a meal for your family will all-Canadian foods and share a picture of it online #ShareAMeal, #CdnAgDay.
- Organize a potluck and encourage your group to use Canadian ingredients.
- Engage your community in the celebration. Invite your neighbours to coffee or organize an open house of your operation or business.
- Visit RealDirtOnFarming.ca or AllAboutFood.aitc.ca to learn and share something new about agriculture #InspireOthers, #CdnAgDay.
- Snap a pic of what you are doing and share it on social media #IWorkInAG, #FarmLife, #CdnAgDay, #OurFoodHasAStory.
- Engage a non-ag audience. If you are posting about Canadian food #CdnAgDay, consider using additional hashtags like #Foodie, #LoveYourFood, #instafood and #yummy .
Visit www.AgDay.ca for more information, ideas, resources and events.