The accuracy of our laboratory's diagnosis of your sample is dependent on the quality of the sample submitted and the inclusion of relevant information. Below are some tips on how to collect, package and submit specimens.
Notes (For all samples submitted)
- Never add water to the samples or the packaging as this will result in rotting or saprophytic growth. (The only exception is for disease samples where viral causal agents are suspected. For specimens of this nature the sample needs to be maintained in as fresh a state as possible. For above-ground parts showing symptoms, wrap individual parts between lightly moistened paper towels and ship to the lab as quickly as possible.)
- If possible avoid sending in fresh specimens over the weekend to prevent decay in shipping.
- A sample cannot be too large but it can be too small.
- The information about the sample may be as significant as the sample itself so provide as much information as possible.
- Remember to complete and include the correct sample form available on this website.
Please see individual sample forms as our payment options have changed.
Call us at (306) 787-8130 or email at email@example.com if there are any questions. It is better to inquire before submitting the sample, rather than risk impairing the value of the sample.