The Saskatchewan Livestock Traceability Rebate provides funding for livestock handlers to adopt traceability technologies.
Eligible activities include:
- the purchase or lease of new hand-held readers,
- panel readers (including ultra-rugged reading and tracking devices),
- traceability software; and
- traceability equipment training.
- 70 per cent rebate, to a maximum rebate of $50,000 per proponent for all eligible items
- Materials, equipment or services must be purchased or leased between February 1, 2013 and February 1, 2018.
- Maximum rebate includes any funding previously provided under the Saskatchewan Voluntary Livestock Traceability Rebate.
- Training must be provided by third party/independent trainers and be related to the implementation of traceability equipment and technologies. Rebates for training include fees and expenses charged by third party/independent trainers.
Review the list of eligible and non-eligible traceability equipment.
The following are eligible to apply for the Livestock Traceability Rebate.
- cattle, bison, sheep, goat, hog, and cervid producers;
- veterinary clinics;
- meat processors;
- auction marts;
- assembly yards;
- privately managed community pastures; or
- fairs and exhibitions
Deadline for applications is February 1, 2018.
To apply, please complete the Livestock Traceability Rebate Application
Submit completed form by email, fax or mail.
Email - email@example.com
Fax - 306-798-7100
Saskatchewan Livestock Traceability Rebate
Ministry of Agriculture, Program Design & Delivery Branch
329 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina SK S4S 0B1