Non-federally registered meat processing and slaughter plants including:
- Operators obtaining federal status, but not yet under federal status.
- Operators that currently have domestic status, or Health inspected/certified wishing to obtain domestic status.
- Health inspected/certified operators with an on-site slaughter facilities wishing to remain at Health inspected/certified status.
Other eligibility criteria:
- Licensed, registered, or inspected/certified with either the Ministry of Agriculture's Domestic Meat Program, or the Ministry of Health's Public Health System
- Commercial enterprises
- Located in Saskatchewan
- Have and maintain current licensing, registration, or inspection at time of final program payment
- An existing, operational meat processing facility
- Processors of meat intended for human consumption