This component includes incremental marketing activities and the development of opportunities through business alliances.
Description of marketing:
Funding is provided to support incremental marketing activities.
For the SAVI program "incremental" is defined as:
- A new product in a new market;
- A new product in an existing market;
- An existing product in a new market.
Description of business alliances:
Instead of focusing on individual companies, a conglomerate of companies are encouraged to think about regional economies in terms of supporting infrastructure to increase productivity levels, innovation and economic growth.
Supporting a culture of strategic alliance development in a region and facilitating functioning business networks will ensure that capital, resources and skills of the region are combined to promote innovation.
SAVI encourages cooperation between businesses within an industry for the betterment of a business region or industry to become more competitive and profitable.
- Maximum of $40,000 per project (with 50 per cent matching by the applicant).
- For building business alliances, it is mandatory that three or more businesses/companies come together to work on a project.
- Market assessments - consultant fees
- Market development - consultant fees and activities relating to implementation of marketing plans, such as:
- Trade shows (booth rental, transportation, accommodation, shipping)
- Sales missions (transportation and accommodation, presentation costs, shipping)
- Product presentations (transportation and accommodation)
- Marketing/promotional materials - creative development (i.e. logo and website), printing (i.e. brochures, product specification sheets) and related consultant/professional fees
- Labelling - creative development costs, printing costs, related consultant/professional fees
- Focus testing - third party consultant costs
- A facilitator hired to conduct a strategic plan and/or Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat Analysis (SWOT) followed by an action plan.
- Development of business plans;
- Development of marketing plans;
- Funding for ongoing marketing activities; and
- Wages for existing employees.